Nova Voyager DVR drill press

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Well after only 3 year's my press drill is dead. message on the screen is Low Voltage the man who phone me say it could be one of the 2 board one is $ 200.00 the other is $ 800.00 . Do you have an idea for a good variable speed press drill at good price ? I saw the Powermatic an the WEN 4225 but are they good for metal ? All infos is welcome. Thank You .

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Post a pic or two of your drill press. Lots of guys on here have converted drill presses to 3 phase motors with VFDs. What voltage are you running? I converted my mill from 220V single phase to 220 three phase with a VFD for about $200.

Last edited:

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Mine is 120 volt normal plug . Yes but if you go to 3 phase you need a converter from 220 volts to the unit to make 3 phase.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Mine is 120 volt normal plug . Yes but if you go to 3 phase you need a converter from 220 volts to the unit to make 3 phase.

I had the same issue and wired in a 220V single phase circuit and then went VFD to 220V 3 phase motor. I don't know if that's an option for you? Is changing your motor out even an option?