• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Nova Voyager DVR drill press

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Well after only 3 year's my press drill is dead. message on the screen is Low Voltage the man who phone me say it could be one of the 2 board one is $ 200.00 the other is $ 800.00 . Do you have an idea for a good variable speed press drill at good price ? I saw the Powermatic an the WEN 4225 but are they good for metal ? All infos is welcome. Thank You .

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Post a pic or two of your drill press. Lots of guys on here have converted drill presses to 3 phase motors with VFDs. What voltage are you running? I converted my mill from 220V single phase to 220 three phase with a VFD for about $200.

Last edited:

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Mine is 120 volt normal plug . Yes but if you go to 3 phase you need a converter from 220 volts to the unit to make 3 phase.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Mine is 120 volt normal plug . Yes but if you go to 3 phase you need a converter from 220 volts to the unit to make 3 phase.

I had the same issue and wired in a 220V single phase circuit and then went VFD to 220V 3 phase motor. I don't know if that's an option for you? Is changing your motor out even an option?