• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Nicolas Correa Knee Mill, $1000, Abbotsford BC

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member

FCA218E1-CD20-443E-9A3D-4C89F32D8BF4.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A7C4732-5A69-4DBF-A6FB-3D2E5C6C46B6.jpeg
    8A7C4732-5A69-4DBF-A6FB-3D2E5C6C46B6.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
  • E2FCD4AA-E751-4048-9DFB-3028A4020F75.webp
    E2FCD4AA-E751-4048-9DFB-3028A4020F75.webp
    134.2 KB · Views: 30
Hmmm

“INSPECT UNDER POWER IN OUR NEW JERSEY WAREHOUSE”

That is picture of the same type of a machine sold by another seller - but not this one. Seller should have indicated that in the ad but a lot of sellers simply have no idea how to sell, or so it seems.

Price is excellent for such machine.

I would double check the 50 taper spec - it seems too big for such a small machine, but who knows.

Bottom line is, what can you really get these days for just $1000??? Its pocket change. If weight to be believed, at almost 5000 lbs, this machine is like $600 as scrap metal (!)

Note the US dealer priced the machine he is selling - same type - in picture provided at ... almost $5000 USD (!)

The ad says 'refer to picture for specs', not 'my mill is the one in the pic with the specs'. Its clearly not the same machine as in the 'lead' photo in the ad.
Good catch, my bad. I ass-u-me that sellers only show me pictures of the machine they’re selling unless stated otherwise, not the other way around. I missed the distinction.

I agree with everyone, that’s a terrific price on a beast of a machine. It’d cost me much more than that to pick it up, haul it home & move it into my shop! But I’d love to have that to play with.

If I did not have two large mills already I would be tempted to actually drive over there and try to snag this. Even adding $500 to the price is still smoking deal. Imagine you cannot get a decent mini mill for a $1000 now. The price of $1000 is ... free.

Contacted the seller and see his reply.

Hi Chris,
208v 3 phase
The dro was not working properly and has been removed.
I can include a few holders
Let me know if you would like to view.
If it doesn’t sell quick it’s on its way to the scrap yard to free up space.

Thanks Spencer

What a beast lol.
Did he say if it was still powered? Hard to beat the price even it has a few issues.
If you do get it and need an extra hand I can try and clear my schedule.

Let me know as well - i would love to see it and could help with some of the man power - don't really have any equipment to help the move

If only I had room. I just contacted him through the ad.
208 voltage would be very useful for a home shop, couple of VFD's to solve 1 phase issue and your good to go.

Back