Nice looking small knee mill in Edmonton

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Probably just a matter of time before we see a post for a Bridgeport found discarded on the side of a secondary highway in Ontario.... kind of how people dump couches and washing machines in rural Saskatchewan.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Probably just a matter of time before we see a post for a Bridgeport found discarded on the side of a secondary highway in Ontario.... kind of how people dump couches and washing machines in rural Saskatchewan.
Question- you say rural Saskatchewan. That implies there’s an urban Saskatchewan :D

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Sells for 7K new from KBC KBC Tools link to 6-380-002

Looks clean.

I have a 6x26 that I paid 2K for (mint condition) and I have no regrets -- its my go-to machine for manual milling. I'd like a larger machine (BP clone etc.) but would want something in great shape and that eliminates the price-point. For 3300, it is still a compelling argument for those that a want 'newish', small form factor knee mill.

Damn, prices have sure increased on new machines...... 3300 was the buy-new price on the 6x26 back in the day......

No doubt - this machine will sell

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Here's the manual.
I have the older version and for me it's working okay. I don't see the oiler on this one but it may be available.

Attachments

• VM-22-R8 Mill Manual.pdf
    341.6 KB · Views: 14

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
KBC tools current flyer (July-September 2021) has Part No. 6-380-002 on sale at $5,895.00, smaller cousin in same flyer has Part No. 6-380-001 on sale at $4,995.00. Check them out on pages 24 & 25.

https://www.kbctools.ca/customer/docs/SKUDocs/cJuly2021_SaleFlyer.pdf
Yes for $900 more I'd bust for the bigger one in a heart beat over the similar smaller one. They both seem pricey to me considering other small mill options. I have the busy bee version of the smaller machine and like it but bought it used and I think if I were buying new the dovetail column bench mills would win out for price vs value now.