• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Newbie to CAD could use a hand

Found an old copy of sketchup on my old computer i was going through a few months ago. I did a course with it whenever i was in highschool. I started playing with it and kinda got back into the groove a bit. fast forward to me buying a jackhammer for our excavator and now needing a quick attach to hook onto it. company wanted $2k++ for a ready to go one. so i whipped up the bit in sketchup, emailed a dxf file to my buddy at the steel fab shop and have the bits for about $700. an evening of welding later and voila!

View attachment 87459View attachment 87459

Probably not the best program for making drawing but in this case it worked out.
@dialedin More pictures! How big is this? How thick are those hooks? Any shots of the Jack hammer mounted?
 
@dialedin More pictures! How big is this? How thick are those hooks? Any shots of the Jack hammer mounted?

The base is about 16x16in, the q/a hooks are 24in from tip to back and its all 3/4in plate. I had my friend cut out one hook in plywood first to make sure my dxf drawing was OK. Had to tweak it slightly but the end result was pretty good. Could of made the end where the wedge lock goes a bit wider but it's OK.Screenshot_20261003_091242_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20261003_091609_Video Player.jpg20261003_095235.jpg20261003_095259.jpg
 
I was a little worried about the 8 holes lining up but everything was good in the end! I also realized I need to weld a little more often lol
 
Back
Top