Tool New Snap-on Torque Wrench

Tool

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This just popped up on my tool news feed. No idea what this little gem of a torque wrench costs. But the range and features are truly impressive. The snap-on quality reputation says this is probably gunna be a must have tool.

1/4" drive from 15 to 300 in-lbs is amazing. Add plus angle set to that and I want one!

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
This just popped up on my tool news feed. No idea what this little gem of a torque wrench costs. But the range and features are truly impressive. The snap-on quality reputation says this is probably gunna be a must have tool.

1/4" drive from 15 to 300 in-lbs is amazing. Add plus angle set to that and I want one!
$765.00 Canadian (cough, cough)!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Ya, Chicken Lights said the same thing. It's a beauty but it's not happening.

There is always Christmas, but I don't think the bride thinks I'm worth that.... :(

Hell, I don't even think I'm worth that!

Upnorth

It's a bargain. A clevis pin with 2 grinder marks on it for an airplane is $1100 USD.

I tried one a few months ago or one that looked exactly like it. I did not care for it but I'm certain I could get used to it.

I bought a digital torque wrench from Amazon a 1/10 the price.

Most digital wrench are actual very good regardless of price level as they are based on very simple strain gauge circuitry that is so standardized it is readily available.

99.998% of the time a $25 wrench will perform the same as $1,000 one.

If it comes down to true calibration and traceability than a you are generally stuck with the higher end units, for the rest of us who that quality and don't need the traceability we can get away with the inexpensive one.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not promoting this torque wrench anymore. The cost is ridiculous.

But I'm still in love with it because of its range and its features. Nothing I have ever seen has the range from 15 inch pounds to 300 inch pounds that this has while maintaining 2% accuracy. It's fine to say other cheaper torque wrenches work. They do. I have them and yes they work. But it takes several of them to do the same job. I no like.

This baby has six measurement modes and four alert modes for torque control and a flex-yoke design for better access to fasteners.

But what really sets this wrench apart from the others is the other features like torque then angle.

Anyways, we are all tool guys on here and I think this is a really cool tool. Too bad I'll never own one.

Upnorth

That 2% accuracy is usually in the middle of their range not across their entire range. Might be a different technology in this one though.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
That 2% accuracy is usually in the middle of their range not across their entire range. Might be a different technology in this one though.

This one is 2% from 20 to 300. I'm not sure how they do that. It's impressive.

For very low torque, I have two WiHa drivers. They are +/- 6% of the reading across the full range. They are also expensive.

Upnorth

Hit the bar or the engineer?:rolleyes:
That was sort of a running joke with us. I was very tempted to hit one of the engineers instead of the bar. Worst crew chief I ever had.

That's correct YotaBota 100 pound difference between engineers. The resultant torque was not very accurate. It did keep the propeller attached though.

rodm1

I don't like battery powered tools but converting from Metric to SAE torque angle ect is a pita. It would be nice to have one I don't think the price:oops: out weighs the convenience yet.