New opportunity at a Makerspace

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I put the thread cut into the print, and will chase it with a tap
What exactly do you alter on the 3DP thread profile so that the tap finish cuts? Like a shallower 'V' along the helix and/or equivalent of reduced pilot hole, or?
If you get a CAD file from a client showing finished threads like the just selected from thread hole size dropdown menu, is the fit just not as good as your modification? Does that make for lots of work where you have to go back & modify them?

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
What exactly do you alter on the 3DP thread profile so that the tap finish cuts? Like a shallower 'V' along the helix and/or equivalent of reduced pilot hole, or?
If you get a CAD file from a client showing finished threads like the just selected from thread hole size dropdown menu, is the fit just not as good as your modification? Does that make for lots of work where you have to go back & modify them?
I made the thread using "detailed" in the software. I am not sure if the fit will be good. Usually holes come in undersize, so I expect to have to chase it with a tap. I have not printed any threads before. I usually just print the tap drill size and tap it. I figured this would at least guarantee a thread that's square the body.
Have you had a Dane before?
I have one 3 yr old male. I kind of expect to lose my couches,, Baby's need to teeth..

Attachments

• waterdog.PNG
    waterdog.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've had dogs all my life (including one Dane) till last year when the last one passed. My wife insists on no more.

Never lost a couch once. Did lose a few kids stuffies.

I'm a very staunch believer in having 2 dogs. They keep each other company so separation anxiety isn't a big concern. Most dogs would rather chew on a plastic bone than a couch - especially if discouraged during their early years. Dogs were not allowed in our living room.

I've never had a problem training dogs. My biggest challenge was always training the other human members of the household.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Never lost a couch once. Did lose a few kids stuffies.
Fellow I worked with bought a new truck one spring. He lived an a ranch and kept a couple greyhounds on the place to control coyotes out of his sheep herd....H came home from work one night about a week after buying that new truck ...and forgot to roll the windows up...one of those greyhounds jumped inside & tore every inch of the soft dash material off that truck....we refered to that dog forevermore as the long legged dash hound.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I had a black dog years ago when we lived in a thin walled mobile home with cheap doors. Left dog in the heated porch while we went to kids xmas concert, came home to a hole in the door and every present under the tree ripped open. Tree knocked over and ornament cookies the kids made were eaten. Dog was severely talked to by SWMBO.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Dog was severely talked to by SWMBO.

You are lucky. My wife would have totally blamed me for that and might have even given the poor little puppy a treat just for being so cute. I'd have been in the doghouse for years.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I had a Rottweiler that I raised as a pup I wove a rope out of some old wool socks that we could play with and when she went for something else I would take it and say no this is yours so we never went through that stage.. however when Dutch was bored she would go into the bedroom and grab a sock of mine then run out standing on the other side of the coffee table telling her ” that’s not yours “ the front legs collapse and the chase is on! lol

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Fellow I worked with bought a new truck one spring. He lived an a ranch and kept a couple greyhounds on the place to control coyotes out of his sheep herd....H came home from work one night about a week after buying that new truck ...and forgot to roll the windows up...one of those greyhounds jumped inside & tore every inch of the soft dash material off that truck....we refered to that dog forevermore as the long legged dash hound.
I had my dash ate by my previous dogs. I left the boxers in the brand New Grand Prix )black with leather interior)... Fist step was they got the knobs off the stereo. Next was the dash, after that the rear sets... Needless to say.. trade value was shit on that car... Now I don't drive new cars, though still a Pontiac. Prix

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I had my dash ate by my previous dogs. I left the boxers in the brand New Grand Prix )black with leather interior)... Fist step was they got the knobs off the stereo. Next was the dash, after that the rear sets... Needless to say.. trade value was shit on that car... Now I don't drive new cars, though still a Pontiac. Prix
Crates are a beautiful thing, although fitting a Dane sized crate in a Pontiac Grand Prix would be quite an achievement.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Back on track.. machines and tooling in the shop

Yesterday the group moved the donated machines into the shop. It took 3 vehicles and 6 people to do this move out of a basement. These tools were donated by an old man that wanted to make sure they were put to good use and for education. They have not been placed yet but at least they are there. These machines were taken care of and look brand new. The man also donated micrometers, Vernier's , clamps, endmills, lathe tooling and everything else related to the metal machines, including a bench grinder with white wheels..

Next job is to put up the partition wall to separate dirt room from the rest of the makerspace. This wall is 12 foot tall, 26 feet long and has two doors and may old windows they want to use to make it look artistic. Myself would have used Plexiglas for the window, but was over-ruled.

Attachments

• CX706.png
    CX706.png
    750.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Mill.png
    Mill.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 11

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Busy building a wall to separate the machines form clean area. Once it is up they will be getting a permit for a new 100 amp load panel exclusively for the Makerspace.. This wall needs to be 100 percent closed before the permit is pulled (as you can see..) The spacing is not to standard because the women wanted 10 windows to make it look "artistic". There has been some fighting with the same lady wanting changes constantly, and she is on the board of directors. Luckily, she was over-ruled on moving the man door 6 inches towards the concrete wall... Another delay is caused by one main member not working to drawing and making mis-calculations..

Attachments

• windows-picture.jpg
    windows-picture.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 11
  • which way.JPG
    which way.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 11
  • wall_2024-02-28.jpg
    wall_2024-02-28.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 11