Alawishes

Greetings all, I’ve been a “home shop machinist” for some 25 years, starting at a Lethbridge auction where there were a couple of Southbend 10k lathes for sale and my hand went up all by itself. The start of a huge downhill slide, but lots of fun! I’m hoping to learn lots from member posts. Thanks, al

Greetings all, I’ve been a “home shop machinist” for some 25 years, starting at a Lethbridge auction where there were a couple of Southbend 10k lathes for sale and my hand went up all by itself. The start of a huge downhill slide, but lots of fun! I’m hoping to learn lots from member posts. Thanks, al
Welcome from Lillooet BC. I have a couple South Bend 10k's in my stable as well..... Lots of useful info here with a few good chuckles tossed in for good measure.....

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from a former Lethbridge boy now in Victoria.

Everett

Super User
Hi and welcome from Spruce Grove! Spent 6-1/2 years in your area many years ago, can't imagine the wind has lessened :D

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Hey, Al. Nice to see you made it onto the forum. I decided against that mill I was talking to you about. Too big of a project for me right now.

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary. Auctions can get a hand moving, worst part is trying to understand fast talkers, each is different. Nearly a new language form some.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Welcome from Lillooet BC. I have a couple South Bend 10k's in my stable as well..... Lots of useful info here with a few good chuckles tossed in for good measure.....
The chuckles slightly outweigh the actual advice given out around here

I think :D

Maybe it’s a tie, there’s some pretty knowledgeable folks that hang out here

Alawishes

Welcome from Chestermere. Is that a Pitts S2? Hence the reg: C-GPUL?
Thanks, good guess Robin the Hood. Same wing, engine and prop as a Pitts S2A but it's a homebuilt called a Christen Eagle II. Wider fuselage and much roomier cockpit. Yes on the registration..... I spent hours looking through the TC website and couldn't believe I found this one. Possibly the best named aircraft in the country, although perhaps second to G-LOC. If you are an aviation nut you could have a look at a short YouTube video I made called "straight and level prohibited". Cheers, al.