• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New member from Cardston

smurray

Just spotted this web site and am very pleased that there is a "local" group now. I have played with metal machining as a hobbyist for quite some time now and find it very satisfying to create something that can be used and enjoyed.

smurray

Thanks for the welcome. Right now I have a number of projects that I am whittling away on slowly. I repair/restore vehicles - 2, 3 and 4 wheeled ones. Right now, I am in the process of restoring a 57 Chev car then a 57 Chev 1/2t truck. I also restore 70's Honda motorcycle and keep my homebuilt trike on the road. I have a South Bend 9" lathe, a Busy Bee mill/drill, an Ammco metal shaper, a 4x6 bandsaw, a mig welder and various other machines/tools to help me get these jobs done. Took machine shop in high school to get me started and am self taught since then. Have never regretted getting into the hobby.