• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

new member from Burnaby

csb70

Hello all, I just stumbled upon this forum and was very impressed with the overall kindness and people's willingness to help. I love Canada.
While I am new here I'm not completely new to metal working. I work as a technician in a watch repair shop and currently do a fair amount of work on a Boley watchmaker's lathe.
I recently convinced my boss to purchase a very well-equipped secondhand Schuablin CF-70 lathe from Switzerland. I used one of these many years ago at a training course I did in Switzerland and fell in love with this lathe.
I have some questions which I will post appropriately.