• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New member Calgary

Jswain

Joe
Hey there new member here! I'm Joe and I live around Calgary. Finally dipping my feet into hobbyist machining last year around this time I stumbled across a south bend 9c.

Dismantled most of it to clean/lube/inspect & ended up with something I was very happy with. Have been slowly using it and tooling it up, now has a qctp on it.

Yesterday I picked up a craftex ct129n mini mill. I know it isn't the more desired r8 spindle model but I am pretty stoked to finally be able to do some milling!!

Attachments

• 20220501_230120-01.jpg
    20220501_230120-01.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230405_202540-01.jpeg
    20230405_202540-01.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 21

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Hey there new member here! I'm Joe and I live around Calgary. Finally dipping my feet into hobbyist machining last year around this time I stumbled across a south bend 9c.

Dismantled most of it to clean/lube/inspect & ended up with something I was very happy with. Have been slowly using it and tooling it up, now has a qctp on it.

Yesterday I picked up a craftex ct129n mini mill. I know it isn't the more desired r8 spindle model but I am pretty stoked to finally be able to do some milling!!
welcome from Ontario.

I used to have that same model mill. MT versus R8 doesn't make any real difference to the operability of the mill. Dont over tax it by trying to take too big a cut and it will serve you well enough until you can buy a bridgeport. You do want a bridgeport dont you :p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from farm country in Ontario. I grow rocks and repair stuff the rocks break.

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from abit farther south. A morse can do a lot of work over time. A lot of old time shops thought they were lucky to even have morse.