• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New Machine Day!

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
Hey all!

It's a little late but two and a bit weeks ago we had our new (to us) Holbrook C10 delivered. Since then I have been giving it a bath and changing the oils while we had the electrics all sorted out - shoutout to @Janger for the recommendation on an electrician. Well this past week we finally got it all squared a way and got it running and wow i think i may be in love. 3500 lbs of British machinery with a serial number that dates the machine to 1964.
Anyways below are some photos, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Halfway through its bath:
IMG_6876.jpeg
Post Bath (and the first few chips!):
IMG_7139.jpeg
All of the information plates were cast... they are beautiful:
IMG_6838.jpeg IMG_6839.jpeg IMG_6837.jpeg
The electrics.... so neat and organized:
IMG_6968.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6968.jpeg
    IMG_6968.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 0

francist

Super User
Oh that looks like fun indeed! And also the first lathe I’ve seen with SFM on a machine tag. What a novel idea.

-frank

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh man is that ever nice! I know nothing about them but I can tell by looking at it I would love it. That is art and science beautifully co-mingeled together.