• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New Lawnmower/Security Guard

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Works for food and as long as he's left to do his job there's no problems. Don't disturb him while he's working. :D:D
He munched about 10sqft of grass this morning.

Attachments

• P1010922.JPG
    P1010922.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010923.JPG
    P1010923.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010924.JPG
    P1010924.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 11

DaveMc

Here are a few shots of my current projects. My wife and I lived aboard a small sailboat for decades before moving to the fifth wheel.
Large projects seemed unlikely until I got started on the tower cranes. Perforated aluminum J channel flattened and cut into meccano
pieces, about a thousand 4-40 machine screws and a couple of hundred hours each. The little monkey wrench turned out OK so I thought
I would try a half scale revolver. I am pretty good with hacksaw files and sandpaper but the machining is a very steep learning curve. I am
also pretty good at hiding my mistakes. There are a lot of them.

Attachments

• 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0728email.jpg
    IMG_0728email.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 24

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very impressive. I'm interested to know about the model revolver. Your own design or from plans?

DaveMc

Very impressive. I'm interested to know about the model revolver. Your own design or from plans?
Hi Peter

Thanks for the kind words. This is an experimental Colt .38 Army Navy from 1888, scaled down to about 43% . I liked the classic style
and the top break. I just copied the profile and kept it simple, making it up as I went along. The action works but does not rotate
the cylinder. Plugged barrel, dummy rounds and too small to draw fire, it looks real enough to be cool but not dangerous.

Attachments

• Experimental-Colt-Army-and-Navy-Model-Double-Action-9-1024x468.jpg
    Experimental-Colt-Army-and-Navy-Model-Double-Action-9-1024x468.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thank you. I was hoping to interest my grandson in something not 3d printed or computer generated. No such luck.
Lol. I feel your pain. It's hard dragging them away from the computers isn't it? I bought a little Atlas lathe thinking that I might be able to interest the oldest grandson, but so far, no interest in the shop. He's young yet, but still hoping.

DaveMc

Lol. I feel your pain. It's hard dragging them away from the computers isn't it? I bought a little Atlas lathe thinking that I might be able to interest the oldest grandson, but so far, no interest in the shop. He's young yet, but still hoping.
Good with his hands? You bet. Holds the phone in one and texts with the other.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes my almost 11 year old son is much the same. I drag him out to the shop to show him stuff and he politely comments on stuff but not much interest yet. He does do amazing stuff with Lego but he would spend all his time on a screen if I'd let him. I'll keep hoping.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
@DaveMc - very cool projects, the pistol is a real accomplishment. Can I suggest you start a new post (maybe in Active Projects) so your stuff doesn't get lost in this thread.
And no this isn't a hijack rant, quite often we'll go off on a tangent from the original thread and interesting pieces like this get lost forever. Unless you're @YYCHM who seems to be able to find just about everything, LOL:D