• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

New kid in town - and it looks pretty good.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
For all of us (or is that the few of us?) that live in the North, there's a new metal supplier, jut opening up. He will be open on Monday... He seems to be a really nice guy, and is good to talk to.

He is determined to always be substantially cheaper that MSM, and may be consistently cheaper than Federal and Steel Inc.
My only sample price is aluminum checker plate 1/8", 4'X8' sheet, $560 at MSM (my last price) - his is $360.

He is charging for cuts (probably due to small margins) 4$ for the first cut and 1$ for each thereafter.
He is carrying aluminum, round and square up to 2" lots of aluminum and steel tube and angle. He also has an 8 foot shear for the sheet metal.

His pricing is by the foot, with discounts for longer pieces, such as half-lengths.

He is located on 41 Ave NE, just up the hill from the old Totem/Rona, or across from the now-defunct Chesney's Hardware.

Info:

Daniel Polini
CalgaryMetalMarket
225 41 Ave NE
[edit] Calgarymetalmarket@gmail.com

Last edited:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
He has strapping. plate, perf steel, etc. You gotta look at his stock. Or call. He is considering tool steel....

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Where do members buy metal in the Edmonton area?

part of me wants to say smelt down the oilers stanley cups , and part of me knows what the reply will be........

Ya, gloves are off[emoji3]

But being from Saskatchewan gives me a pass, go riders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Conroy

Premium Member
I buy most of my steel from General Steel but you have to buy full pieces. The rest I get at Metal Supermarket, alot moee expensive.

Everett

Super User
I'm out in Spruce Grove, and have found a local fab shop, Stinger Welding and Fabrication, to be awesome as they are willing so sell shorter chunks from their stock. It's the go to shop for the heavy truck shop I work at, and unless it's something abnormal I always ask them first. Very cool to hear that there are other options opening up for Calgary area people. Who knows - if his business grows well perhaps he could set up a second store up in this neighborhood!

BMW Rider

Super User
Nice, may have to check this out. I need some aluminum sheet soon for a planned project. Does he have brass? I need a bit of brass flat bar and round for some furniture hardware.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
For all of us (or is that the few of us?) that live in the North, there's a new metal supplier, jut opening up. He will be open on Monday... He seems to be a really nice guy, and is good to talk to.

He is determined to always be substantially cheaper that MSM, and may be consistently cheaper than Federal and Steel Inc.
My only sample price is aluminum checker plate 1/8", 4'X8' sheet, $560 at MSM (my last price) - his is $360
[edit] Calgarymetalmarket@gmail.com

hours? Saturday?