• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New guy - Taber alberta, Hello!

BaitMaster

Super User
Hi,

Brand new guy from southern Alberta, Taber. I found this forum in my search for a used lathe…. And decided to join up.

A bit about me: 30, electrician, instrument tech, metalworking enthusiast, along with CAD, plc programming, bear hunting…. And more.

As far as metalworking goes my current gear consists of grinders, sawzall, measuring equipment, a drill press, TIG/Stick welding setup, 3D printers, and tradesman’s tools for my two trades.

I would LOVE to find a Standard Modern 1440….. even a Modern with tools and accessories would make me happy….. any connections would be appreciated.

Before someone asks…. Yes I have electrical experience on machine tools and CNC, I also have significant experience with VFD’s and phase converters..…. If someone has a PITA electrical issue within a few hours of me i could be coaxed into helping out…. Especially for a hookup with some old quality Canadian Iron.

I will also try to check the forums for electrical issues and help where I can….I also have some drives on my shelf someone here might be interested in. I’ll post in classifieds.

Anyway,

Ryley