• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New guy in the calgary area.

dhanes

Hello!

New to the hobby and group! I have experience in blacksmithing and bronze casting. Along with an electrical ticket and milwright in the works. I'm excited to learn machining and some design and engineering! I have an bottomless pit of ideas that I just want to bring to life! And boy if this the most fun way to do it!

Your fabricated replacement looks really good! How did you manage to make that without a mill? I have a spare if you want it.
Haha ya a spare mill? Won't say no
Thank you. It took a few failed attempts and a lot of learning. But I have a face plate that was very useful combined with creative fixtureing. And had to feed manually.

Welcome!

How come once you have figured out your problem and its solution, only then do millwrights come out of the woodwork, so to speak! Conspiracy! Alien invaders, I say!

I hope you enjoy all the serious and not-so-serious things to be found here!

Back