• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

New Everlast 200 DX tig welder

John Conroy

Premium Member
I'm planning on building some motorcycle exhaust systems so I ordered a new Everlast tig welder today. They finally got more 200DX welders in stock and gave me the old price. Shipped from Toronto today so I should see it next week. I went to Oxygen Products today and bought a 122 cu ft cylinder of argon so I'll be ready to go after I pick up some filler rods.

John

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Premium Member
I think you will like it John. I like my ever last multi process with tig/stick/plasma. You might need to buy a plug. How much was the old price? 1500 today... I also found the wind blowing out the side of the machine was enough to screw up the gas shield. I put up a piece of cardboard.

John Conroy

Premium Member
The old price was $1450 so not a huge saving but better than nothing. I use a standard 50 amp welder plug on my mig welder so I hope the Everlast comes with the same style. I have made up a 25 ft extension cord and I want to use it with either welder.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the new acquisition, John. Look forward to seeing your weld projects & how you like it. I finished my SAIT (Tig) evening course. It was an exposure level appetizer, but enough to make me dangerous on simple flat coupons :)

Everlasters - some YouTube or welding link mentioned their packaged torch head & hose was actually pretty good. Can't recall which welder model reviewed offhand. Would you agree or is it more or a personal preference item anyway? Is the torch plug on Everlast 'standard' so you can swap in other/aftermarket torches? I've seen variations on how the gas is connected for example. I'm not sure if that's a dual 110/220 model, but for example if I have 220 in shop, what amp rating does that circuit have to be? And assuming different outlet plug than what my lathe is plugged into, do I just get some plug-to-plug converter harness, or more involved?

John Conroy

Premium Member
Thanks Peter. It's been 25 years since I did any tig welding and it was only dc on steel using a transformer machine. It's going to be a whole different kettle of fish with a modern inverter machine. Input current is only 25 amps so it will run just fine on the 40 amp plug I use for my lathe and mill. I only use one machine at a time so there's no chance of overloading the circuit.

The torch is a wp26 so it's a large style air cooled one and uses standard connectors.

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Premium Member
My machine came without a plug, just the wire, buy the plug you need. I think it's a 40A. I needed a dryer plug style. I've found the torch it came with is fine for the stuff I'm doing. If you want to try mine....

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks Janger! I'm going to take you up on that offer one day. Trying keep a low profile on any largish $$ purchases in this 'economic climate'. But 'one day'....
Here's my useless stainless triangle from class. I won't show my aluminum or thin gauge stuff. Let just say it gets much uglier real fast. :)

Attachments