• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New bench for the shop - finished

Dennis P

Thanks guys,
and yes the legs are adjustable, my garage floor is fairly even but made the adjustable feet just in case I need to make any adjustments or if it wasnt level in either direction I could easily adjust it. Instead of messing around with shims and such. Have a few others benches at the machines but this one is the "main" one for everyday use.
Noticed the other thread you started there CalgaryPT and always fun to see other peoples builds. Looks good and useful.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
When I had my first shop I built a workbench and didn't install levelers. It was my first house and didn't realize until too late that garage floors are build to slope for drainage. For a while I couldn't figure out why my first few projects were always crooked when I used the bench but when I took the finished project inside it was crooked.

LOL.

Dennis P

In the last house we owned I had the same problem with the rickedy bench I had, always frustrating. Anything big enough to have to be built on the floor was always a bugger too. This particular bench had a fairly wicked twist in the top(learned a lesson when gluing it up). Ended up making a router sled setup to take the twist out which worked really well and went surprisingly fast even with a 3/4" router bit on an 87" wide top. So hopefully building or welding anything up on it should come out fairly even.