• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My PMR steam engine #1 and boiler #2 project

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
YYC, peeking out here.

It's the starting steps of the Pensy A3 of Kozo Hiraoka. I'm not on my own computer now, but I can post some pics tomorrow if there's interest.
Yes, B-Train. Would love to see your pics. No rush. If you have more than a few, just create a separate post with that title. I'm into model engineering too. I had one of Kozo's books once upon a time, more out of interest. I could see that project would be quite the undertaking. Good for you.

Attachments

• 2019-10-20_21-26-08.jpg
    2019-10-20_21-26-08.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0

B-Train

Oh man your work and machines are what my dreams are made of!
Thank you for your kind words! I try to make things as best as I can, but I also love old machines, and put lot of works and time to put them in good working order. Not the best ones and not always as accurate as I would like it, but enough to be useful and functional for my needs. I'm glad you like it :).

B-Train

It's the starting steps of the Pensy A3 of Kozo Hiraoka.
Yes, B-Train. Would love to see your pics. No rush. If you have more than a few, just create a separate post with that title.
I will !
Here’s how the project standing at the moment:

20170509_153106.jpg

B-Train

I realize that this thread content come to be more relevent in the “what machine do you have?” one ;). So here’s a link to a video more specific about the original subject...
It was filmed while I was trying to adjust the valve timing and find the origine of some “knock” at high speed. My next step will be to build some ball valves to complete the piping circuit. After what I’ll make a new boiler pressure test and decide the final arrangement of the output working shaft (have to decide which kind of pulley to use and cutting the shaft at his final length...).
but I don’t know when :rolleyes: