• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My PMR steam engine #1 and boiler #2 project

B-Train

Here's my actual steam project, consisting of a PMR #1 steam engine kit and #2 boiler. Mechanicals parts are done but the project itself need finishing touch.

Thanks for viewing! fullsizeoutput_75e.jpeg

B-Train

Thanks! It’s my little Taig, about 2.5" swing and 10" between centers. But that wasn’t the one use to make that engine .

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So what did you use to make your engine?

Where did you get the engine kit from?

Last edited:

B-Train

Mostly a Craftex cx700 and a Rockwell/Delta 21-100 miller... some parts my cnc Taig miller. I also have a Logan 10" lathe (in fact an "Edgerite" made by Logan and sold by Eaton in the 50s) but I didn’t need it for this project.
I ordered both casting kits directly from PMR via their website. Same thing for the tank, pump and tubing fittings. Great service each time!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
That's pretty neat. I've been tempted many a time to get one of those kits to build.

Let's see some images of your metal working machines.

B-Train

Rockwell/Delta flat grinder will follow tomorrow...
Oh, and note that the shop is really not looking like this anymore...

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum B-Train. Very Some nice craftsmanship & good looking machines.
Is that a steam locomotive peaking out in post#1 picture?

B-Train

Welcome to the forum B-Train. Very Some nice craftsmanship & good looking machines.
Is that a steam locomotive peaking out in post#1 picture?
It is ;), you got the eye! It's the starting steps of the Pensy A3 of Kozo Hiraoka. I'm not on my own computer now, but I can post some pics tomorrow if there's interest. But it's not yet very advanced :rolleyes:, that project is much more longer than I thought first...