Product My new smile lathe chuck wrenches

Product

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
建议你不要做这个尝试,我不确定S136是否会上色,而且我也不确定S136会在淬火后有一些硬度,所以,很有可能是破坏性的实验。如果你是M10的钥匙,它的材质是410,我更加不确定它的热处理会如何。所以请谨慎。
Translation??? I assume in response to @whydontu post "Now I’m jealous. I might have to take mine apart and do some engraving and blueing."

Suggest you don't try this, I'm not sure if S136 will color, and I'm not sure S136 will have some hardness after hardening, so it's likely a destructive experiment. If you have an M10 key, which is made of 410, I'm even less sure how it will heat treat. So please be cautious.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Sun has a new heat treatment process he is trying for corrosion resistance and hardness. It looks like the below. The blue black ones.

Despite living in the rust belt, I prefer the untreated version second from left.

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
Sun has a new heat treatment process he is trying for corrosion resistance and hardness. It looks like the below. The blue black ones. With brass shoulder and nut. Pretty cool I thought. :cool:Thoughts?
I think that more and more misunderstandings make me have to explain clearly: M10 is a lot of people in the forum have begun to use, M11 is a part of people began to use, my intention is to compare various appearances, I prefer this irregular blue, purple, black, gold, yellow and other dazzling colors.

Then take a separate picture of the appearance of M10 and M14. In addition, I hope to get some teaching from some mechanics in the forum. How much anti-corrosion effect will this kind of color at 300 degrees Celsius have?
QQ图片20231215190603_看图王.jpg

001.jpg 002.jpg

I can't change your preference, but when you really hold the gorgeous colors in your hands, I'm sure you'll like it. Although I was looking forward to its corrosion resistance effect.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You are right @a smile. One has to hold such things to know what they really look like. Pictures don't convey depth and character.

And while I admire your desire to provide corrosion protection, it is also important to maintain good appearance for tools that will conract other objects and get scratched.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
建议你不要做这个尝试,我不确定S136是否会上色,而且我也不确定S136会在淬火后有一些硬度,所以,很有可能是破坏性的实验。如果你是M10的钥匙,它的材质是410,我更加不确定它的热处理会如何。所以请谨慎。

I suggest you not try this. I'm not sure whether S136 will be colored, and I'm not sure that S136 will have some hardness after quenching, so it is likely to be a destructive experiment. If you are the key to the M10, its material is 410, and I'm not sure what its heat treatment will be. So please be careful.
Have you gents seen why don't you's tag line? "I tried it, it broke." I like it. Try. we'll see what happens. try again. repeat while having fun. :):cool::D