• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My Kozo Hiraoka Pensylvania switcher locomotive project.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Welcome aboard the forum B-train nice stuff for sure. I like how you made wheels on the mill. Is that a Mach 3 machine?

B-Train

Thanks Janger! Effectively it’s a Taig "Micro mill CNC" running with Mach 3. It was also use to make many parts on the truck, as these wheels:

DSC_0027-2.JPG

DSC_0024-3.JPG

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'd love to see more of your pics, however you decide to display them. Did you do metalwork on the tanks & fenders etc. too?
The video was great, it looked very real. Did you superimpose sound in the movie track or it has some kind of diesel sound generator inside?

B-Train

I did almost all the metalwork although I bought air filters and headlights (but I did put LED in myself). The initial project started from a Tamiya RC truck modified to replicate one who come from a long time to the metal factory where I work. I tried to be as realistic as I can, even with the name on the side and license plate ;).
The sound come from a module with a speaker (the black box at left) inside the truck. The sound mudule (it is also control lights, motor and steering servo) is on the top, not visible. On the side is a specific module to wireless control lights and landing gears on trailers.

DSC_0002-2.JPG

B-Train

Two questions for the interested guys and moderators:
Should I start another thread for this truck ?
Should I stay in machined parts or show the complete process (incuding plastics, mechanics and electronics mods) ?
Thanks for your interest, I want to stay in the forum limits and don't bother anyone with out of topic threads :rolleyes:.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Personally, I think your posts are fine. Maybe if you create a separate one one for your truck vs. inside the locomotive, it might make things a bit more organized & easier to search on later in time. If the truck or locomotive gets more followup views or questions, then you be the judge of what more you'd like to contribute on that theme. The admins have also set up a CNC area, so if you were ever inclined to talk about your CNC equipment or workflow, examples etc. that would be a good theme spot too. You have a lot of interesting projects on the go, so its all good!

B-Train

PeterT I think you touch a good point here... I will start a new thread tomorrow about the truck. I will show the complete project but try to stay concise for what is not machining and will adapt according to reactions.
Thanks to you two for your interest!