• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mower deck repair

Buckled down last week and finished another small patch, no pics, needed to hurry and remount it to cut the grass/hayfield.... Still have the one more patch in the middle to go, and a bit more fixing to the leveling wheels, but that'll have to wait for a bit. I have some other projects I want to get finished and moved out of the garage before digging back into this one again. I also had to remake the belt tensioner as the old one was seized (didn't know that until I went to put the new deck belt on and get cutting). It's fun keeping old junk working right? I love it....

Honestly, yup, I love it. As long as the junk is of some kind of quality, if it was junk when new as well, well then, no. :D
I can agree with that. Somewhat. Gets tiring sometimes when you need to work on something when you just want to use it though.

Dad taught me how to fix stuff and figure it out though, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for that mentality (I cursed my kids with it already too). I wish he would have taught me more about investing, making large sums of money, and how to manage a large trust fund he left me, but in absence of that, figuring out how to fix stuff will do I guess. :D.

Thanks Don. I had a Journeyman/supervisor beat that into me pretty early on too, and that's when that lightbulb really came on for me, and since then I always tried to learn as much as I could from whoever would teach me. Nobody can ever take that away from you.

Honestly, up until that point I was a bit of a floater, and never really dug into anything with any great ambition. Investing in skills, and shop tools has really started to pay off the last few years.

Thanks Don. I had a Journeyman/supervisor beat that into me pretty early on too, and that's when that lightbulb really came on for me, and since then I always tried to learn as much as I could from whoever would teach me. Nobody can ever take that away from you.

Honestly, up until that point I was a bit of a floater, and never really dug into anything with any great ambition. Investing in skills, and shop tools has really started to pay off the last few years.
I've met a fair few who came away from an education, dumber than they went in, but they were not exactly shining stars! Christ! If brains were dynamite, they'd have a tough time blowing their noses!

I hundred percent agree, that investing in to yourself, is almost always a good choice!

And, I only say "almost always" because every once in a while, an outside opportunity worth investing in, pops up! It does pay, to watch the young, and see if a nudge or poke in the right direction, is worth taking a chance on!

Back