Moving Heavy Machinery on a Floor 101

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Old hat to many of you, but I thought this basic vid on moving a heavy machine base was useful to someone like me who has only done this a few times. Kevin Ging shows some good techniques I thought—especially around safety. He talks rather slowly, and at first you wish he'd speed up the narrative and the demo a bit. But the longer I watched it the more I understood that's actually the point: careful and methodical gets it done with no crushed fingers.

Don't know why the link showed up I my feed, but glad it did. I have to admit I've made the 3 roller mistake he talks about. Makes perfect sense once you hear it explained. Or, like me, after the struggling with the job for a few minutes, you stop and ask yourself why 2 works better...at least for low heavy objects like bases.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Old hat to many of you, but I thought this basic vid on moving a heavy machine base was useful to someone like me who has only done this a few times. Kevin Ging shows some good techniques I thought—especially around safety. He talks rather slowly, and at first you wish he'd speed up the narrative and the demo a bit. But the longer I watched it the more I understood that's actually the point: careful and methodical gets it done with no crushed fingers.

Don't know why the link showed up I my feed, but glad it did. I have to admit I've made the 3 roller mistake he talks about. Makes perfect sense once you hear it explained. Or, like me, after the struggling with the job for a few minutes, you stop and ask yourself why 2 works better...at least for low heavy objects like bases.

Can increase playback speed in the gear wheel icon, I use that for mass assimilation and review purposes