• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tips/Techniques Mounting a mill

Tips/Techniques
I finally bit the bullet and bought a real mill, am a little conflicted about the mounting. I built a heavy duty wood stand to carry it, question being, is it better to mount it solidly or with a rubber vibration damper ?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That is a thing of beauty, now to figure who to coerce to get one under my tree.

Do you have any history on mill?

I guess it's a basic question. Should I include vibration damping in the installation or not ? or does it really matter ? The mill is a King 31, weighs around 300 kg. and the stand is similar to this, except of course to accommodate the increased weight and size.

Attachments

• mill base.JPG
    mill base.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 17