• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

More useless information !

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
So sitting here trying to help out with recycling , I noticed a " Crown " logo on the Alberta Ice beverage cans . This HAS to be a Crown Cork and Seal logo out of Balto Md . Am I right or is I wrong ? Regardless , the insides are tasty . :) ( insert drinking beer emoji here ):D

Another useless piece of info from today , Sitting out on the balcony a woman stops below me , backs up and wipes out a dumpster . Tore the rear corner panel and rear door up pretty good . Made one hell of a screeching sound . She pulls down to another trash can , gets out , and walks up to the dumpster to see what she hit , then drives down to the next dumpster . She did an easy $2K in damage to her car , and I'm sure she was after recyclables . CRAZY ! I got a pic but will not post it . Carry on .

One more for the Dab ! $287 to hook up the gas stove today . This was AFTER they waived $99 for whatever , and , Farriele took pics and sent them to the company and the the guy got $50 for her doing so . 2 minute job . Pics tomorrow . Not that I'm really concerned , but damn ! I could do 2 of these a day and retire comfortably up here . :) OK , here's the pic . An elbow , a reducer and nipple were all that were needed . :rolleyes:1720756984681.jpeg

Last edited:
Another tidbit answered today . The wife and I always quarreled over what hurt worse . Giving birth , or getting kicked in the nuts . So at the Stampede today , I was behind one of those bronking bucks when he kicked me right in the cahooters ! :eek: After 20 minutes I got up and told the wife , you have your answer . You asked for 2 more kids , I'll never ask for another kick in the nuts . o_O

You obviously have too much time on your hands up in the frozen North.

Crown Holdings
Crown Holdings.png
seems to have moved out of Baltimore to Tampa, FL (they have manufacturing/warehousing in Belcamp, MD and one in Elizabethtown, PA [about 10 miles from me]. I did a case study for a Global Business class while getting my MBA on how Crown went from making cans to designing can conveying systems after having to spend a lot of time fixing other people's systems for their customers.

Way too much time out here ! I know Crown had a small plant down in Essex near Golden Ring Mall , Race Road I believe . I went on a tour of the place when Lever shut down . So this IS CC&S's logo ? Small world .

Work break today . Heading out to Banff , Emerald Lake and a couple of the waterfalls . The wife and daughter missed these last year . :cool:

Oh what a day . We spent 3 1/2 hours stuck on the road right at the Fields exit . Less than a mile away from Emerald Lake turnoff . Sat from 1-4.30 . It was like a circus with everyone out of their vehicles , going pee in the woods next to us , not a CB radio on the road , hotter than hell . The only upside of all this was there were only 5 cars at Emerald Lake . Ate lunch at the lodge and had 2 beers although I needed 8 to calm my nerves . Drove thru Banff once again . After two groups of numnuts crossed the street in front of me with no crosswalks or warnings , it was more than enough for me . Ended up in Canmore which was more my style . 11 1/2 hour day on the road and am now back sucking up my suds wounds . :)

Last edited:
Back