• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Mint Derbyshire 10mm 18” Museum Quality Production Lathe Watchmaker, $5500, Richmond, BC

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
00C0C_6Bgt06QmVfk_06J03i_600x450.jpg

trevj

Ultra Member
Dunno if seller has been on the crack pipe too long, or if he really doesn't want it to sell?

Nice add to a small shop, if you already have all the collets and other accoutrements you need to make it useful.

Not really worth a lot without being equipped. And REALLY not worth the ask!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah a quick eBay search tells me this is an expensive watch makers lathe but not as expensive as the owner tries to sell this for.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Its definitely a high end machine. In the 10mm catagory its basically Levin or Derbyshire both of which are considered high end and fetch good money. Well, there is Pultra as well, but the collets arent interchangable. However $5000 unadorned? I agree with you guys, he's on the good stuff.

I've got the collet set it needs :D......cost me a freshly reconditioned Schaublin 70.

MWZ_2740-1300x864.JPG

trevj

Ultra Member
My Derbyshire with microscope, qctp and lots of accessories.

Yeah, that looks a darn good start. Enough there to do some useful work. Needs an overhead drive and a milling or grinding spindle! :)

Despite the high cost of the very few new sources, I suspect that there is rather more of this stuff around in the wild, than there are folks that care to use them.

Mostly, it's hobbyists, looking to spend hobbyist levels of money on stuff that is rather out of their pay grade otherwise.

Ian Moss

Well, the details are mine, but the general layout is pretty basic. Since I have no need for speed, the holders are secured by tightening the set screws on the gib. Miniature "tangential" tool.

Attachments

• IMG_1936.JPG
    IMG_1936.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    698.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1938.JPG
    IMG_1938.JPG
    587.7 KB · Views: 14