• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mind blowing 1/4 scale 289 V8 build

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Super long thread but, wowsers, serious talent here.

jorogi

David,
Have you seen the "Seal in a Cat" thread yet ? Pretty amazing, guy up in the interior.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
OK. Wow! Just scrolled through all the photos. No time to read all the postings. But wow!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@DavidR8 just joined HMEM so he is a understandably a kid in a candy store haha. Yes, Terry.M sets a high bar for model engineering. ps - I have binder PDF'd his builds because I refer to his methods often. If you are interested I can upload to a cloud drive. Its all public domain so no issues.

He has a minimalist YouTube channel showing/running some of the builds.

1714777848984.png

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
@DavidR8 just joined HMEM so he is a understandably a kid in a candy store haha. Yes, Terry.M sets a high bar for model engineering. ps - I have binder PDF'd his builds because I refer to his methods often. If you are interested I can upload to a cloud drive. Its all public domain so no issues.

He has a minimalist YouTube channel showing/running some of the builds.

View attachment 47567
The epoxy method to double side on the Tormach is complete genius!

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Really impressive, the 429 is also really impressive sooo much work.

First engine rebuild for me was a K code 289, tough little engines that love to rev. The most radically built engine I have ever seen was actually a Hi-Po 289 in a Fairlane, (early 80's Winnipeg), it idled at about 2500 -3000 RPM. On the street rolling at about 30MPH, the guy wound it up and dumped the clutch and carried the front wheels a good foot off the ground for all of second gear. I can't imagine it lasted long between rebuilds but it was one scary sounding engine.