• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

MILLING MACHINE MINI CRAFTEX CSA CX605

Decided to sell it after all. Figured by the time I added another layer onto the mill's current bed, it was bulk-wise getting out of hand. So a finer one will now be sourced.
The current one has taken no more than a couple of hours to get several offers...
Thanks for the help guys.

Just wondering: Do you mean to say you make 1/2-1/3 scale airplanes, or was there a typo? A WW II Spirfire has an 11 meter wingspan. 1/2 scale would be 5.5 meters - more than 18 feet!

So you would build a 1/2 scale model of that one? End up with a 10' wingspan? Or are you building the actual kit plane and ending up with a fully functioning aircraft? Just trying to understand what work you are doing.

I'm new to the hobby and making Mr. Pete's oscillating steam engine for one of my first projects - 1/2" bore, 3/4" stroke. The eccentric is a little more than 3/8" and crankshaft and other bits are pretty small. I have an RF 30 clone. The limiting factor is my eyesight. (Need to work out some magnification - I should have started this hobby 40 years ago)

I still use my mini but it’s highly modified with long travel kit, belt drive and DRO . I’ll never let it go but I may double up to bigger one, living in rentals can be tricky to keep shop tools.

Back