• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Milling Machine Emco, Regina, $800

trevj

Ultra Member
I'd lay money that I know the seller. He's a good guy to deal with, providing his last name starts with YAW!

This is the same (type) early version of the Emco (not "ENCO"!) mill that is listed further down, the precursor to the Emco FB-2.

Bob has been over to China several times, and has imported a fair few machines directly from trusted sources, which he sold (maybe still sells) at a considerable discount from what passes for retail on the same machines.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Trying to figure that mill out. The X/Y handle that is visible looks Emco, but the rest of X/Y and table doesn't look like any models you see on the web. Nor does the Z column mount. Is it a rare model not often seen or some combination of machines?

img3.jpg

trevj

Ultra Member
I shot the guy I know, a note asking to see if it was his advert, and if he knew the story on the mill table.

The more I look at that table, the more I think the guy that designed it, was really on his game when he did! Am wondering if the table came off a small Jig Bore or some such.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I shot the guy I know, a note asking to see if it was his advert, and if he knew the story on the mill table.

The more I look at that table, the more I think the guy that designed it, was really on his game when he did! Am wondering if the table came off a small Jig Bore or some such.
Robert Yaworski is who had it for sale.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
There were Yaworski neighbours near (Canadian near is anything less than an hour drive) my home farm in Sask. Gotta wonder if they are related.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
There were Yaworski neighbours near (Canadian near is anything less than an hour drive) my home farm in Sask. Gotta wonder if they are related.
Huh. There was a Yaworski that owned a gas station in the small town near where my Dad was born in Sask, NE of Canora. I remember him as a pup. Great sense of humour, always quick with a joke or a laugh.

trevj

Ultra Member
I talked to him as well. Nice guy. That table is off an EDM machine.
Yep, a Charmilles EDM machine that was scrapped out.
Bob said it was quite the project to put together, though not terribly profitable, from a time perspective.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've been building a similar unit based on an older emco mill head for 5 years now. It's not worth it.

trevj

Ultra Member
I've been building a similar unit based on an older emco mill head for 5 years now. It's not worth it.
I would say that whether it was worth it, would depend on your other time concerns, as well as your access to all the required parts to make it happen.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It will be a great small mill when its done. Biggest problem was finding a good milling table. I bought several before finding the right one. I have everything to complete it now except time. Even bought a new Ditron D80 DRO for it.