• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mill work stop

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I decided to throw the dice on this AliExpress work stop for milling setups. It was 18.18 USD plus I opted for increased 12.82 USD shipping (via China post registered airmail with tracking). It arrived within a couple weeks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32904287118.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.186f4c4dAckvpZ

Bottom line, seems pretty decent for the money. I had my eye on a red one but for some strange reason red was always 10$ more despite otherwise looking identical. So I opted for the LA Rams color scheme LOL. It came just like the pics, a single M10 quick release handle, M10 capscrews, 8mm stop rod & T-nut which fit my table slot. As you can see by side by side pics, I have a similar one from N-Am vendor which costs <cough> more. The parts on the black one are configured a bit different but both have similar range of motion & both are aluminum body. The Ali model is a bit bigger, maybe 90% machining quality & 80% anodizing quality. It seems to clamp nice & rigid which is all it has to do, so I guess we will see over time. I would encourage you to sort the vendors from low to high (including shipping) because they seem to vary like crazy and I find it hard to believe there are multiple manufacturers.

Attachments

• IMG_1978_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1978_edited-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1979_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1979_edited-1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1980_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1980_edited-1.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1981_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1981_edited-1.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 0

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Re; multiple manufacturers in China...When I was researching some info on a mini-lathe I owned at the time, I was able to identify 7 different manufacturers that offered identical bed castings from their own forgings. Those boys can reverse-engineer anything that will return a buck!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya, you are probably right. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. This particular one had the best closeup pics so I figured I stood a better chance of getting what it looked like. Sometimes they even lift the picture off a competitors ad.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Just noticed on Ebay a slightly more curvy version of the one I bought on Ali. But it would be 78CDN landed. Crazy how the prices vary.

Attachments

• SNAG-10-2-2019 0000.jpg
    SNAG-10-2-2019 0000.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0