Mill work stop

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I decided to throw the dice on this AliExpress work stop for milling setups. It was 18.18 USD plus I opted for increased 12.82 USD shipping (via China post registered airmail with tracking). It arrived within a couple weeks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32904287118.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.186f4c4dAckvpZ

Bottom line, seems pretty decent for the money. I had my eye on a red one but for some strange reason red was always 10$ more despite otherwise looking identical. So I opted for the LA Rams color scheme LOL. It came just like the pics, a single M10 quick release handle, M10 capscrews, 8mm stop rod & T-nut which fit my table slot. As you can see by side by side pics, I have a similar one from N-Am vendor which costs <cough> more. The parts on the black one are configured a bit different but both have similar range of motion & both are aluminum body. The Ali model is a bit bigger, maybe 90% machining quality & 80% anodizing quality. It seems to clamp nice & rigid which is all it has to do, so I guess we will see over time. I would encourage you to sort the vendors from low to high (including shipping) because they seem to vary like crazy and I find it hard to believe there are multiple manufacturers.

Attachments

• IMG_1978_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1978_edited-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1979_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1979_edited-1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1980_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1980_edited-1.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1981_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1981_edited-1.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 0

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Re; multiple manufacturers in China...When I was researching some info on a mini-lathe I owned at the time, I was able to identify 7 different manufacturers that offered identical bed castings from their own forgings. Those boys can reverse-engineer anything that will return a buck!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya, you are probably right. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. This particular one had the best closeup pics so I figured I stood a better chance of getting what it looked like. Sometimes they even lift the picture off a competitors ad.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Just noticed on Ebay a slightly more curvy version of the one I bought on Ali. But it would be 78CDN landed. Crazy how the prices vary.

Attachments

• SNAG-10-2-2019 0000.jpg
    SNAG-10-2-2019 0000.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0