• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

micor cut lathe 14 X 40 Calgary asking 6000$

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
No it was in a garage the ways are good condition, it seems to be quite solid and comes with a fair bit of tooling even a turret fixture the toolpost looks like it could take up to 1” holders. I’ll need some help possibly does anyone have some dollies?

Ask @Jwest7788

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’ve talked to Dabbler he’ll be back in town Tuesday and has all the things for moving it I just need to get a trailer for Thursday when we’ll put it in it’s new home.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’m really impressed with the drop deck although a 14 footer was a bit large for a 71 inch lathe but worked a dream. Once home the fun started as there is quite a drop from the garage floor to the alley but blocking one side of the ramp made it close to level but getting hard to roll at times on mating surfaces, unfortunately on one of those occasions a good push got my forearm caught between the headstock and another machine protruding 4 1/2‘ from the floor giving me a nice flap about 2” so things got shut down and John drove me to emerg where it was cleaned and stitch back where it lives lol. But the lathe is in place and my Son and I took it off the dollies and put it on the leveling pads today we’ll level it tomorrow.
So there you have it thanks for the help loading and unloading I should have been more careful about my surroundings “but that’s why we do these tests” :) A1D5E386-BDDD-41EF-9F0A-3C38571B6CF7.jpeg 53FD517E-B09E-4472-97B2-C76A146CE6EB.jpeg

Tom O

Ultra Member
Well good news I went to the plastic surgeon as a follow up and he says it should be fine and the stitches come out in 10 or 14 days.

Tom O

Ultra Member
That’s true I’ll have to thank it for waiting till it was almost in place lol, thinking about how it came to be though I would have to say it probably wouldn’t have happen if I had my baseball cap off I would have seen the protruding chip conveyor rather than a open space beneath it.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Truth to be told - all four of us have a responsibility in creating the situation that ended in the injury. After moving 15 or 16 machines, this is the first (and hopefully last) injury. Thank goodness it is a somewhat minor thing that will heal completely! It sure looked far worse in the moment, and I'm thankful Tom will be okay once it has healed.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Truth to be told - all four of us have a responsibility in creating the situation that ended in the injury. After moving 15 or 16 machines, this is the first (and hopefully last) injury. Thank goodness it is a somewhat minor thing that will heal completely! It sure looked far worse in the moment, and I'm thankful Tom will be okay once it has healed.

All four of us? Who all was involved with the move?

Last edited:

Tom O

Ultra Member
Ahh the guilt complex to my way of thinking it was me that wasn‘t noticing the hazard, had I seen it my arm would have been in a different spot so let’s just take it as a learning experience. ( Singing Rocky Racoon ) “ I’ll be back as son as I’m able! “ :D