• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Metal storage

trlvn

Ultra Member
I'm trying to get my shop a little better organized and decided I needed to have better storage for random small pieces of metal. Most of my pieces are less than 24" and it turns out that I had that much space under the bench the lathe sits on. I decided to use some cheap 4 inch PVC pipe from the home centre to make dividers or cubbies. Here is the result:

Atlas618 metal storage.jpg

The shelf just rests on top of the 2 pvc pipe pieces. Hopefully I'm not overloading them. Very small pieces are in the cardboard box below. A few pieces that are too long for the available space are standing in a pail just off to the right.

Craig

Everett

Super User
Nice! I have to build a second workbench, which will also house my metal shorts. I like your idea, may have to use it!

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I'm trying to get my shop a little better organized and decided I needed to have better storage for random small pieces of metal.

Craig
Craig, very nice. But that level of professional neatness is getting dangerously close to having you stripped of your hobby status . ;)

trlvn

Ultra Member
Craig, very nice. But that level of professional neatness is getting dangerously close to having you stripped of your hobby status . ;)
Had I turned the camera just a little to the left...or the right...I think my hobby status would firmly established forevermore! :D

Craig