• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Metal mill

I believe I have some feedback coming my way tomorrow sometime. If I wasn't going to Abbotsford tomorrow morning to pick up a new pup (1 year old German Shepherd), and having a daughter bouncing back and forth between the hospital and a motel in Kamloops as we await the arrival of a new grandchild...... I would probably be unloading it in the shop and advertising my little Jet-15 mill, maybe even a little South Bend 10k...... Or two......

JReimer

I believe I have some feedback coming my way tomorrow sometime. If I wasn't going to Abbotsford tomorrow morning to pick up a new pup (1 year old German Shepherd), and having a daughter bouncing back and forth between the hospital and a motel in Kamloops as we await the arrival of a new grandchild...... I would probably be unloading it in the shop and advertising my little Jet-15 mill, maybe even a little South Bend 10k...... Or two......
well on your journey through Chilliwack feel free to drop off the orphaned mill... and lathe

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
A new mill, and a lathe and a grandchild! That's a trifecta :)

Shoprat

Checked mill taper. Mt3. Crankit from Salmon Arm came over and took an unbiased look at it. He’s open to anyone asking him for his opinion. Full disclosure, mill was part of a big purchase by me and I didn’t wanna see it sit for another 25 years doing nothing. I have a bp clone now that I bought new.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You mentioned a small lathe, what u got?
Hey @Shoprat . A small tip for you. If you block the sentence you are responding to, and the hit the "Reply" button that pops up, the forum software will do two useful things for you. It will send a notification to whoever you are responding to so they know you need an answer, and it also tells everyone else reading your post what it is that you are looking for.

Basically it will improve the responses and help that you get on the forum.

If my advice doesn't make sense, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Hey @Shoprat . A small tip for you. If you block the sentence you are responding to, and the hit the "Reply" button that pops up, the forum software will do two useful things for you. It will send a notification to whoever you are responding to so they know you need an answer, and it also tells everyone else reading your post what it is that you are looking for.

Basically it will improve the responses and help that you get on the forum.

If my advice doesn't make sense, PM me and I'll walk you through it.
I've never used the 'reply' button before - thanks!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've never used the 'reply' button before - thanks!

My pleasure!

Just note that are two different reply buttons. One at the bottom of every note (which copies the entire message you are replying to), and one that pops up after you block (or select) a section of txt you wish to respond to. The latter one is the one I referred to initially.

This latter one also allows you to reply to various inputs from others all in the same response.

Both significantly improve a readers ability to figure out what is being asked

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Well I'll be darned, I didn't know that either. I use the "quote" option and it seems like the reply accomplishes the exact same thing.

Just a lot faster. The quote thing seems to get too cluttered up for me. And you can't pick and choose which ones to use when. It's kind of an all or nothing thing. The reply functionality let's you mix N match.

Lots of ways to solve the need.

well on your journey through Chilliwack feel free to drop off the orphaned mill... and lathe
I wish I had more time yesterday, I had to fit the trip into the envelope of the wife's work day and I was late as it was. I do have to go back that direction before too long.....