Metal Lathe, 14 x 40 Gear Head (with gap)

Towforce

It's time for my lathe to go! As much as I want to hang onto the beast the logistics of a upcoming move make it impossible to keep..

It's your typical Chinese Gear head lathe (no idea how old it is but by guess would be 40+ years?). I converted to 230v 5hp 1ph when I got it.

D5 Chucks, 2x 3 jaw, 1 x 4 jaw, 1 x face plate, 1 x blank, 2 sets of soft jaws, Rapid tool post and holders and chuck and live center to the tail stock.

Not a precision machine but always loved having it around. Its in the basement now... moving it starts today!

I have it up on Marketplace (where I managed to sell my Elliot Mill)... Asking $2500

Location is in Abbotsford BC.

Cheers

Martin

20240211_114558.jpg
20240219_184125.jpg 20240219_182909.jpg

Facebook says SOLD.
Someone got a great deal. Perfect size for me. I’ll be kicking myself for awhile. Happy it worked out for Martin.

Towforce

Hey all, Sorry for not getting back or monitoring my post. Just like my old Mill the Lathe sold quickly "local" on F-Book Market place. Yes, it was a slow move getting it up out of the basement, skids, ramps and a 3ton Chain hoist..... solo. As I have posted in the past the logistics of keeping the lathe and the potential new location where not going to be a good fit. I expect once settled (Grand Forks) I will eventually sort power and shop layout and will look for a much smaller lathe.... Cheers

Martin

mickeyf

@Towforce I bid on 2 properties and almost bid on another in Grand Forks. Sadly I have been unable to move to heaven-on-earth (British Columbia)....

@Dabbler
I know this property well, and also know that the owner would take a lower offer. Of course there are a couple 'gotchas'... 1) silly BC "owner builder" law, 2) on an island - which may be a pro or a con, depending on you.

Last edited:

jorogi

Grand Forks would be a wonderful place to live. We were considering moving there about 8 years ago and spent a week exploring. Very tempted by a large acreage on the river.

Grand Forks would be a wonderful place to live. We were considering moving there about 8 years ago and spent a week exploring. Very tempted by a large acreage on the river.
We came pretty close as well. The house we were interested in was badly damaged by flooding the next spring.... Dodged one there....:oops:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Before anyone goes crazy... I have to live inland. I *almost* moved to the island before finding out my severe asthma is triggered by the dew point. So no island propeerties. I was seriously looking in the range from Grand Forks to Nelson sweeping all the way up to Prince George. Serious: some of the ALR management rules and Regional Councils are completely crazy. It turned urned us off 2 properties near Quesnel.

Addenda: Anywhere not directly on a water body would be great. We considered Clinton, 100 mile house and further south on Hwy 99.