• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Members Meetup Calgary | Coffee Shop | Saturday, July 23rd, 2016

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Everyone,

Time for another meetup! This one is a little shorter notice then usual!

We'll be meeting at the Tim Hortons at: 444 58 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0P4
Map Link: https://goo.gl/ad49iY

Meeting time will be 10:30am, Saturday, July 23rd.
There will be another meetup within the next month for anyone who can't make it!

As always, bonus points if you bring something you've been working on, or something cool to show the group!

Please RSVP by clicking this link:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/canadian-hobby-metal-workers-members-meetup-calgary-coffee-shop-tickets-26662704868

Your RSVP is important, as we may need to communicate with Tim Hortons if enough people are coming. Maybe even a larger location will be needed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

JW

Last edited:

Mphenley

Premium Member
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to attend... Weekend camping kinda thing with family and what not... Though since we're not leaving till Saturday morning, I may be able to swing by, or at least be there a bit early for a coffee before heading out ;)

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I *think* is signed up for the event... Eventbrite didn't offer me a specific option to register for the event, but I clicked a check box (with no rollover explaining what it was) in the upper left of the event. Anyway, I'll be there. I don't have a Google or Outlook calendar to add it to...

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I *think* is signed up for the event... Eventbrite didn't offer me a specific option to register for the event, but I clicked a check box (with no rollover explaining what it was) in the upper left of the event. Anyway, I'll be there. I don't have a Google or Outlook calendar to add it to...
All good, Looking forward to it!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to attend... Weekend camping kinda thing with family and what not... Though since we're not leaving till Saturday morning, I may be able to swing by, or at least be there a bit early for a coffee before heading out ;)
I'm planning a follow up meetup within a month or so, hope to see you there!

JW

Mphenley

Premium Member
Sounds good Josh... shouldn't be an issue, as long as there's a bit more notice

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I just registered I will see you there. I do have to work from 2pm-10pm saturday but that will work out just perfectly.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I'll be there... Everybody don't forget to bring some bauble or something you're working on to look at.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Or something you dont need anymore and want to sell! Haha the last few meetups have been like mini swap meets with people passing around tooling that they want to trade for sonething they can use.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Thanks for the offer! I cut up the last of the steel for my toe jack yesterday. If we order some 4140 (SPS) steel in bulk, then we might have a cut-fest and divide it up for everybody.