• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Meet & Greet in Chestermere, AB, Tomorrow, Sunday, November 28th, 1300h to 1800h

Hacker

Super User
Hello, I had a great visit at Rudy's and it was great to be able to meet the two Johns and Shawn. Learned some interesting stuff, you gentlemen set a high bar. I can't wait to see Rudy's shop when it is done. The machines and tooling are very impressive and are a great incentive to improve my skills.
Hopefully we can get together again.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks everyone of coming out.

Hopefully we can do this again in the future. This was a bit of a whirlwind event as many schedules / commitments needed to be coordinated.

We hope that next time there will be more lead time; makes for easier planning…

Brent H

Ultra Member
@RobinHood : super awesome to meet everyone as fast as it was - what a brilliant group of minds and talent!! Thank you for hosting - @ShawnR had a super fun time - we are having lots of conversation on the drive home.

Departed this morning at 0530, picked up Shawn at Rudy’s place at 0600 - “on the road again, just can’t…”…..well I could really wait …..

Next time I will let my wife know that she needs to find a car months in advance instead of a week or two - LOL

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Next time I will let my wife know that she needs to find a car months in advance instead of a week or two - LOL

Ahhhh.... So now the whole story emerges. SHE spotted the car:D:p

What all did you score for parts?

Are you taking the same route back?

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM : yes, partly, not entirely, but this was a sort of “honey do” mission with a machinist twist (LOL)

Sorry we didn’t get to chat more but it was great to finally shake your hand.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Brent’s wife has been looking for quite some time now. But I was threatened to keep my mouth shut

I don't know quite how I knew this. Maybe it was the innuendos. I kept removing snarky comments because I couldn't remember reading that and thought I might be mistaken. Turns out it's true, but glad I didn't spill the beans. Or did I?.......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Not so intuitive at all. @Brent H actually spilled the beans himself quite a while ago. Shame on him for muzzling you @Chicken lights! Or maybe he just didn't want you to tell his lady!

Here is the link to Brent's little slip: https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.c...-calgary-to-pick-up-a-project.4191/post-55816
Oh no, longer than that. Probably 3 years ago I first heard of this quest? Then summer 2020 it started to sound serious. It was funny both of them asked me not to mention anything to the other one.

Well. One of them asked nicely the other one made threats. ;)

And I’m not scared of Brent :D

Tom O

Ultra Member
It was good to get to see some members again so thanks to Rudy for setting it up, one day we can go to Timmy’s again.

Brent H

Ultra Member
E98EEF07-EADB-4277-A702-3B240F06465B.jpeg

Here is a better pic - bloody shite pot holes and bumpy highways prevent decent pics.

No snow @Canadium - it must have earlier but nothing going through. Just some road plows needed. We are around Ore Lake. There are a few truckers doing 60 km/hr. Must not be used to snow? It is just wet.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Post pics please, even if it seems boring. I've never driven east of the AB border.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Post pics please, even if it seems boring. I've never driven east of the AB border.

I think you need to get your butt into a car/truck seat and go see the other side of Canada. We will be waiting for you!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Drive carefully guys...... Maybe those truckers you saw driving slowly know something that you don't. Better to get home late than not at all.