• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

MAZAK lathe, $6000, Coalhurst, AB

JustaDB

Ultra Member

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
4fc7b30f-5d6a-4681-a075-6591e80afc73

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
For this size machine its a good price - as everyone else noticed. A bit large for your average garage but these out in the country may easily fit it in.

wmetfab

Problem for some is the 3 phase power and voltage. Converters, drives and step up transformers can be a pain.
I wired my shops for 3 phase 208, that voltage was what was available at the pole

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Price drop. $5000. Even more affordable, @DPittman... ;)

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Price drop. $5000. Even more affordable, @DPittman... ;)

Ya I ain't got power enought to run 10hp 3 phase nor a bank account fat enough for fun like that, and unfortunately I don't think I'd have any projects big enough to make use of such a big lathe. I'm just poser really.

BaitMaster

Super User
The ad is gone. Did anyone get it?
He re-posted the ad with a lower price. The link @JustaDB posted last works to the ad. It’s still up.

That’s a beast of a lathe. 10ft bed…..

If one of you other southern AB boys buys it, scouts honour I’ll help you hook it up.

@JustaDB you want a bigger lathe anyway don’t you? I got a one ton and a flat deck Buddie. The south bend needs a big brother!

Upnorth

I would be interested if it had been on the east coast. I'm more interested in finding a cnc lathe though.