• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Manual milling machine, Offers, Calgary, AB

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Sell should sell this on auction.

It needs power feed service / parts from aliexpress.

It probably needs new ball and nut for x and y axis. This would be expensive locally, but maybe cheaper from aliexpress.

Say above is $1000 at most in parts & you get new X / Y. Probably $500 if you use aliexpress. If you want to have fun you can always cut your own.

The worst part if the spindle. Not exactly sure what the issue with slop is - maybe it needs new bearings? Say a new set of bearings is 500.

Add 1000 for your work.

So total is say 2500.

This machine once fixed is in Calgary around 5000. So fair price would be 2000 - 2500. If I wanted to play with machine I would offer him say 1000. I may even want to do that once I research the parts a bit more.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Somebody will probably buy it cheap, throw some paint on it and ask $5000 for it and say nothing of its problems.

Sadly I know people like this reselling on Kajiji ;( I would not be shocked if it was gotten cheap and RE-POSTED few days later by someone else in Calgary for say $4000.

Bandit

Super User
I sure looked at it! Talked to myself 1/2 the day. Conculion, 600 volt motor, no, a lot of time to maybe fix to make work, no. Get a drop deck trailer, O.K. Now I don't have to think about it.
Dam,a good thing spell check is on.