• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

machinist books kijiji

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking that will be a hard sell. Unless a person likes the old/collector sort of stuff, pretty much all the info contained in those would be available on the interweb. I do have real old South Bend and Atlas lathe books that I still enjoy and reference though.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
@DPittman Interesting point of view -- goes to show how tastes can vary. I'd figure that those would sell pretty quickly, depending on the audience it reaches. I like to read machining texts from the turn of the century, and often pick older and older copies of the same book....... If I didn't already have most of those......

I like PDF format for reference in the shop, but for -30 degree nights, with the wind howling, give me a fireplace, cup of tea and some old book any day. Same goes for magazines. My wife loves her iPad and her subscriptions, but all mine come in the mail!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@DPittman Interesting point of view -- goes to show how tastes can vary. I'd figure that those would sell pretty quickly, depending on the audience it reaches. I like to read machining texts from the turn of the century, and often pick older and older copies of the same book....... If I didn't already have most of those......

I like PDF format for reference in the shop, but for -30 degree nights, with the wind howling, give me a fireplace, cup of tea and some old book any day. Same goes for magazines. My wife loves her iPad and her subscriptions, but all mine come in the mail!
Yes that's sort of funny and all I can say it certainly IS a good thing that not everyone thinks like me! LOL.
I was on the look out for an older copy of Machinery's guide recently thinking someone would be anxious for a newer version but no luck for me. I had to buy a new one....wow expensive, wow extensive and wow huge! I try to read portions of it at night but the darn thing is so big to hold up in bed!!!!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
at $15.00 each, they are a reasonable price. I've seen several of these sell for double that.