• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machining Paste ???

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I tried the LPD Edge creme on some aluminum drilling last night. I used the same drill & same material & same manual feed rate back to back with (Tapmatic) aluminum cutting fluid on a few test holes. Rather subjective at this point but it does feel like the creme makes the drill flutes quite un-sticky which is a good thing. The fluid seems to work well as long as there is fluid on the drill, but that's the trick - it rubs off or drips off or maybe vaporizes off a bit. This was a 3mm regular jobber drill that normally likes to pack up with chips. My normal routine is in about 0.2", back out to clear chips, rinse & repeat. With the creme I just went in to about 0.6" without backing out just to see. The swarf kept coming out of the hole quite consistently. I wouldn't push my luck on a part I cared for but it was interesting. Going to try the creme on tapping operation next. Too bad the stuff is spendy & only the big tube size. I waited till it came on sale. Guess it will last me. It does need to be squeezed up a bit if left standing for a while otherwise seemed like a bit of liquid separation.

buckbrush

KMS tools in Calgary sells Anchorlube 8 oz bottles on sale for $11.99, usual price $12.99. This is 1/4 the price of Amazon and other retailers.