Machining Paste ???

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I tried the LPD Edge creme on some aluminum drilling last night. I used the same drill & same material & same manual feed rate back to back with (Tapmatic) aluminum cutting fluid on a few test holes. Rather subjective at this point but it does feel like the creme makes the drill flutes quite un-sticky which is a good thing. The fluid seems to work well as long as there is fluid on the drill, but that's the trick - it rubs off or drips off or maybe vaporizes off a bit. This was a 3mm regular jobber drill that normally likes to pack up with chips. My normal routine is in about 0.2", back out to clear chips, rinse & repeat. With the creme I just went in to about 0.6" without backing out just to see. The swarf kept coming out of the hole quite consistently. I wouldn't push my luck on a part I cared for but it was interesting. Going to try the creme on tapping operation next. Too bad the stuff is spendy & only the big tube size. I waited till it came on sale. Guess it will last me. It does need to be squeezed up a bit if left standing for a while otherwise seemed like a bit of liquid separation.

buckbrush

KMS tools in Calgary sells Anchorlube 8 oz bottles on sale for $11.99, usual price $12.99. This is 1/4 the price of Amazon and other retailers.