• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

machinerys handbook online?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Any idea how much memory that 4000 pages would eat up? I’d also be interested in the comparison of the machinist calculators out that could cover most of our needs.
could one be put in the paid member section? Just a thought.

4000 pages sounds like a lot but compared to photos or video it just isn't.

There are a number of free machinist apps for your phone. Walter has one I use. I think Alexander likes the sandvik one. There are others.

1617843737781.png

Hacker

Super User
I hardly use my hard copy of the Machinery's Handbook. I have the disk on my computer in the shop and I can find information much quicker with the PDF. I can print it out and highlight/mark it up and get my dirty hands all over the copy.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
My hardcover is the 30 version, I bought it and the Machinist Calc Pro 2 as a combo from Amazon for $200 back in 2017. Just checked..... now 460?!

The calculator is pretty damn handy, speeds/feeds and threading info (major/minor diameter) built in. Saves me walking to get the Handbook. I have recently acquired a PDF of the same version of book I bought..... figured I paid for the paper one so my conscience is clean.

the current issue of the handbook (31) and the calculator are 222.85 on amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/Machinerys-Handbook-Calc-Pro-Bundle/dp/0831150319/ref=sr_1_7?crid=N0D1ZNU1R86H&dchild=1&keywords=machinery+handbook+31&qid=1617914936&sprefix=machinery+,aps,203&sr=8-7

There are definitely some crazy prices on there for older versions. I have the 30th edition reference book and that seems sufficient for what I am doing at this time. I also have a second small book that I bought used that has similar information but the pages are coated so they don't near as dirty and its coil bound so it stays open to the page so I do not require the full handbook at this time. Thanks for the leg work Janger.

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
In case anyone is looking...the large print 30th edition of Machinery's Handbook is on sale at KBC for $151.07. That's a pretty good price.