• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Mach3 with Windows 10?

Hi All,

Does anybody run Mach3 software on a windows 10 system?
What about Mach4....is anybody using it? Much difference?

I'm definitely a beginner at this but I'm more than willing to learn.....

Thanks Brian

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Anything could work but mach3 is designed for windows xp and needs a built in paralell port. I would not recomend it. I have 2 differnent machines running on mach3 old desktop PCs work great. But im no expert

I email one of the china sellers on the wonderful EBAY site to see what they said and they came back with that it would work, as long as I used a specific breakout board. Hmmm.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I email one of the china sellers on the wonderful EBAY site to see what they said and they came back with that it would work, as long as I used a specific breakout board. Hmmm.
Alot of those boards are pretty cheap anyways, may as well give it a try, I suppose.

JW

kylemp

I'd give a plus 1 to Alex. I've tried running 7 with Mach, too much of a hassle.. old pcs are easy to get and free most of the time. I am going to run Linux on the new plasma and the mill when we get there.. mach is finicky which makes it frustrating till you get it all set up. Then you forget all that and when you start again your fighting it the whole way it feels like. But for a first time project Mach probably is the easiest solution.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
MACH3 really works best with a Smooth Stepper instead of a parallel port. I have run that for my JGRO CNC router for so many years that when I started the mill conversion and ran MACH3 with just parallel port I was amazed at how poor it ran. I'd forgotten. Not that I've not had problems with the occasional hiccup with the USB Smooth Stepper but overall it's much nicer and AFAIK will also work with WIN-10.