Lots of materials, mostly round stock

I have a good amount of solid rounds for sale ranging from 1/2" to 4" diameter. Aluminum, steel, stainless. Some good pieces of 1-1/4" which I believe are 8620 steel. Even have a piece of what I think is grade 2 titanium

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I need some 4130 round bar. 2" or 2.5", 1", 0.5"
10 or 20 pounds worth. I need to be able to heat treat it for hardness. 4120 4130 4140... 1040 or something else I can heat treat for hardness. This is to make some blacksmithing implements. Fullers, hardies, hammers.

Last edited:
The pieces that I believe are 8620 should work. Primary uses are for hand tools as it is readily case hardened while retaining a strong but tough core. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that these pieces are 8620 but I surmise that they are from how they look and the place I got them from primarily used 8620. There is probably the same chance that they are 4140 which was another material they used widely. I have a few pieces of 1.25" ish by 12" long.

Just took another look, there are three pieces of 1.5"x20" and then numerous other pieces 4"-6" long. As well there are some pieces larger in diameter. I'd say there's 50 pounds or more.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I am interested in the aluminum I have emailed You my cell number i would like to come see what you have.

Mark5309

I am looking for some 6061 aluminum as well as some steel. msg me where you are located, as I'd like to come have a look

All my aluminum rounds are gone. Still have some square/rectangle amuminum for milling. Some good steel rounds in carbon and stainless. Aluminum pipe.

Krprice84

Got any round 1.5" steel stock that can be hardened? I need to build a tool that's about 16-24" long, but I'll need to bore it out. Ideally it would be tubing already with a 0.85" to 0.95" bore, but if it was a smaller bore I'm sure I could have someone bore it out on a lathe before I take it home and mill the ends into the tool I need.