• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Lots of materials, mostly round stock

I have a good amount of solid rounds for sale ranging from 1/2" to 4" diameter. Aluminum, steel, stainless. Some good pieces of 1-1/4" which I believe are 8620 steel. Even have a piece of what I think is grade 2 titanium

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I need some 4130 round bar. 2" or 2.5", 1", 0.5"
10 or 20 pounds worth. I need to be able to heat treat it for hardness. 4120 4130 4140... 1040 or something else I can heat treat for hardness. This is to make some blacksmithing implements. Fullers, hardies, hammers.

Last edited:
The pieces that I believe are 8620 should work. Primary uses are for hand tools as it is readily case hardened while retaining a strong but tough core. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that these pieces are 8620 but I surmise that they are from how they look and the place I got them from primarily used 8620. There is probably the same chance that they are 4140 which was another material they used widely. I have a few pieces of 1.25" ish by 12" long.

Just took another look, there are three pieces of 1.5"x20" and then numerous other pieces 4"-6" long. As well there are some pieces larger in diameter. I'd say there's 50 pounds or more.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I am interested in the aluminum I have emailed You my cell number i would like to come see what you have.

Mark5309

I am looking for some 6061 aluminum as well as some steel. msg me where you are located, as I'd like to come have a look

All my aluminum rounds are gone. Still have some square/rectangle amuminum for milling. Some good steel rounds in carbon and stainless. Aluminum pipe.

Krprice84

Got any round 1.5" steel stock that can be hardened? I need to build a tool that's about 16-24" long, but I'll need to bore it out. Ideally it would be tubing already with a 0.85" to 0.95" bore, but if it was a smaller bore I'm sure I could have someone bore it out on a lathe before I take it home and mill the ends into the tool I need.