• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Lost dog in Calgary

Janger

(John)
Vendor
Premium Member
My daughters pooch has escaped and gone missing. He's been spotted all over Calgary today it was east of nose hill thorncliffe area and parks. See her post below. He's a big white (dirty) grand Pyrenees. He's a rescue, super timid, if you approach him he will just bolt so please just note the time and direction and text my daughter.

MISSING LEON
#inglewood #calgary pool at noon on March 10. #
Large white dog, Pyrenees mix. Very timid and is running every time we spot him. Please also call 311 as he has a missing file open with animal services.
PLEASE CALL/TEXT
403-869-9342
if spotted.
March 16 2022
#YYC Leon NEEDS OUR HELP!!
How can you help?
PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE
DO NOT call/whistle to him
DO NOT ATTEMPT to pursue him in any manner
DO NOT FEED him
DO NOT leave ANY food/treats on the ground for him
PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU SEE Leon
Call/text 403 869 9342 immediately! DO NOT POST HIS LOCATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!
Please provide a pinned location, time when you saw him and what direction he was moving, if he is moving or if resting.
Each time attempts are made to 'help' he moves further and further away from home.
PLEASE HELP US HELP LEON to stay safe out there!

K9 Recovery is working with Leon's family to help bring him home safely!

Attachments

• FCAFDC81-0041-457F-9BFD-0FBCF3B9D824.jpeg
    FCAFDC81-0041-457F-9BFD-0FBCF3B9D824.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I hope you find the dog soon. I suspect a big dog like that won't go unnoticed and will be reunited with its owner soon. If I was anywhere near Calgary I'd be happy to help look for him. But seeing how I am not I will just send positive thoughts and vibes that way.

When I was a kid we had a shepherd collie mix. He would leave on adventures on a regular basis. Each time the absence got longer until it became somewhere around 3 or 4 weeks. Then he left one last time and never came back. We never did find out what happened to him but I suspect it wasn't good.

Best of luck John. Hopefully someone will report in soon. Couple years back, somehow our gate didn't get shut properly & our relatively new dog then decided to go wandering. She didn't know the neighborhood well & some busy streets close buy. It was not a fun time. Luckily found her a few blocks away playing with a young girl. My wife's cell number was stamped on her tag but of course she was out of town or whatever right then. I've thought about some kind of electronic cell phone tracking gizmo, but.... yet another one of those things you don't need until you need.

Put the word out to all the local Humane Societies and Recue groups. Most areas also have local lost dog Facebook pages.
Hopefully the dog is microchipped and tattooed. There are MARN groups as well, Missing Animal Response Networks, that can help with locating and tracking lost pets. Pyrs can wander for quite a distance so hit up the nearby towns and suburbs as well.
Good luck.

Back