• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Looks like we had a bump

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
The server was down. Josh was working on it earlier today. I'll let him know about the pictures.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
A BUMP???? It's been bumping 3-4 times a day since that project plans thread was created! Which threads have missing images?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
A BUMP???? It's been bumping 3-4 times a day since that project plans thread was created! Which threads have missing images?

Agree with YYCHM, my recent posts (Dog the Drill # 1 & 5) and (Improving Drill Press Accuracy # 1) are messed up for starters. If my edit privileges were restored by an administrator for said post I would replace the images. Your call...…!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Agree with YYCHM, my recent posts (Dog the Drill # 1 & 5) and (Improving Drill Press Accuracy # 1) are messed up for starters. If my edit privileges were restored by an administrator for said post I would replace the images. Your call...…!

It's not just a few images it's a lot of images. Best to wait and see if they get it sorted out.

Craig

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Please just be patient. Josh has been working on it since it went down. It's not related to the new forum area - it is at the server level and other unrelated web sites were also affected.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
@Jwest7788 Big thanks to Josh for running the server and fixing it like today when we have issues. Please remember everybody this thing is volunteer run. We're fortunate to have Josh figure out all the technical back end and to have a server we can be hosted on. Other bigger yet still volunteer sites have a heavy ad presence to pay for all that.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Good job Josh! Thank You.

Craig

Ditto that Craig. My Dog the Drill post #5 shouldn't have the last 3 black and white images just the 2 in colour and the 1st black & white. Bottom 3 black & white should be removed when you have time Josh. Thanks again!

Last edited:

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My Dog the Drill post #5 shouldn't have the last 3 black and white images just the 2 in colour and the 1st black & white. Bottom 3 black & white should be removed when you have time Josh.

If you go to your post Bill, you should see an “Edit” button. Press it. Now it opens your post and you can sort out your pictures. When you are done, select “Save”. Only you have the “ Edit“ function since it is your post.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hi RobinHood, no button showing believe my post is now time expire for the EDIT function. We'll work it out!

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thanks team!

Glad to be able to help!

The images should all be good to go too!

John is right, the issue was at the server level, above the forum. Was a messy day for me with dozens of websites having issues all at the same time. Haha

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
+1,
I've worked in the IT industry and know the pressure of an outage with the entire building sitting behind you tapping their toes waiting for the net to be restored. At least here there is no money or stockholders to worry about.
Thanks guys.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
@Jwest7788 Big thanks to Josh for running the server and fixing it like today when we have issues. Please remember everybody this thing is volunteer run. We're fortunate to have Josh figure out all the technical back end and to have a server we can be hosted on. Other bigger yet still volunteer sites have a heavy ad presence to pay for all that.
Thanks @Jwest7788 for fixing things.