• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

looking for surface grinder

Brent H

Ultra Member
Where are you located? Whole bunch on Kijii Ontario ranging from $500 to $1500 I missed a small one the other day for $400....argh!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Where are you located? Whole bunch on Kijii Ontario ranging from $500 to $1500 I missed a small one the other day for $400....argh!

Brent, the guy is in Tilley Alberta.

$400 eh..... how small is small?

Craig

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
In AB you are going to wait a while for a nice cheap unit. The ones on auction went recently for like 2500 - 3500 each. They are in 3000 - 5000 lbs class.
OTOH if you wait deals are out there - however you may have to be patient.

boatbuilder

Yeah I can be patient. Not a panic. I have a little Rockwell tool maker grinder im using but leaves to many chatter markers. I'm also building a surface grinder attachment for my 2"x72" grinders for roughing out knife billets.

Brent H

Ultra Member
$400 eh..... how small is small?

It was an older restoration project Rockwell delta I think - had a 5" x 8" mag table and would sit on a work bench.. Add was up long enough for me to let @trlvn know about it - 5 minutes later - sold.

I am on the ship so these sort of deals are a real pisser as I cannot really do much about it....just morn the loss I guess.... There are a few in Toronto right now for $500 but again, on the ship for 2 more weeks so have to play the lottery.

Depending on @Chicken lights trucking we could start a machinery export to Alberta - Buy, restore,sell, ship or buy and sell , ship ... LOL

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
The machine I was looking at, looked to pre- date yours @boatbuilder - I could have the manufacture wrong as well, it was up and down so fast she didn't let me get a name...LOL

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
It was an older restoration project Rockwell delta I think - had a 5" x 8" mag table and would sit on a work bench.. Add was up long enough for me to let @trlvn know about it - 5 minutes later - sold.

I am on the ship so these sort of deals are a real pisser as I cannot really do much about it....just morn the loss I guess.... There are a few in Toronto right now for $500 but again, on the ship for 2 more weeks so have to play the lottery.

Depending on @Chicken lights trucking we could start a machinery export to Alberta - Buy, restore,sell, ship or buy and sell , ship ... LOL
I’m more than happy to bring stuff cross border for guys too
As long as it’s nothing illegal I mean like tools or parts